Last year, we welcomed almost 500 walkers and runners to participate in the 2nd Annual Giants Head Grind, Christopher Walker Memorial Race, and this year we’ve decided to add a bike element to the race. Participants now have the added option to “Bike the Grind” for $59/ person, or if you’re really feeling ambitious, you can “Hike & Bike the Grind” for $89/ person.
The Bike Course will begin on Lakeshore Drive beside Peach Orchard Park at 9 am.
- Cyclists will begin heading North and take a left up Peach Orchard Road.
- At the top of Peach Orchard Road, cyclists will enter the roundabout and exit heading South on Rosedale Avenue (Third exit).
- Heading South on Rosedale, cyclists will find another roundabout in 300 meters and will exit that roundabout heading east on Prairie Valley for 100 meters.
- Then take the first right on Giants Head Road.
- In another 300 meters, cyclists will take a sharp right up a steep road called Milne Road and at the top of Milne you will see the entrance to Giants Head on your left.
- Take the left and ride to the top!
For full details and to register, go to www.giantsheadgrind.ca/participate.